2 coasts ... 1 HOPE


On January 6th 2009, I will be flying out to LA and walking back to Boston, raising money for cancer research. The route I'm taking should take 5 months and cover roughly 3,800 miles. We will be filming the entire trip for an upcoming documentary.

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Singing, shoes and a sponsor

I just wanted to thank everyone that was able to make it out last night to the Bayside. It was so nice having all my friends and family in the same place having fun. Thank you to Dr. Moore and Dr. McNally for the great going away gift. Thanks to Joe for the hospitality and Tara, of Taraoke, for the entertainment. Actually, thanks to all my friends that took a turn entertaining the crowd. Some very memorable performances. I look forward to the "Welcome Home" celebration.

I'm currently "Couchsurfing" at Mom and Bob's house. It's been awhile since I've slept here, but home is always home. With two full days left, I'm scrambling around wondering where everything is that I need. Today, I ran out to Village Bicycle to grab some last minute things for the Baby Jogger SWITCHBACK HYBRID. Jim, as always, helped me get what I needed.
Also I had to grab a couple new pair of sneakers. Still looking for a sponsor for some more pairs.



On the subject of sponsors, I'd like to announce a new sponsor for the walk, Trek Light Gear. Thanks Seth, I can't wait to get and try out the hammock.

With only a few days left before I start my walk across the country, my eyes and ears are on someone finishing in a week or so. My new friend, BJ Hill, has been walking since January '08 and as of today has covered 4,000 miles. Check out his blog, Walk America 2008. Great job, BJ.



2 days till we fly. 4 days till I walk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello