2 coasts ... 1 HOPE


On January 6th 2009, I will be flying out to LA and walking back to Boston, raising money for cancer research. The route I'm taking should take 5 months and cover roughly 3,800 miles. We will be filming the entire trip for an upcoming documentary.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Don't Temp-me

I woke up and talked with John a bit more this morning. We took a few pictures that I'll add here when he's able to send them to me. He brought me out to the main drag, we said our good-byes and I was off. I knew I had 26 or so miles to cover to get to the next surf, in Tempe.

I got to Phoenix and got my second flat of the trip


Yes, that's my Nalgene bottle holding up the Switchback Hybrid.

As I walked through Phoenix I saw these metal sculptures shaped like insects. If you look close there are little people in the claws, on the tail and all around it.


Also my house that is still under construction


This is actually ,Tovrea Castle being renovated. So you don't have to start packing Kelly. HAHA

I was getting really tired and didn't think Tempe was ever gonna show it's face. Then I rounded a bend and I was on Curry Street (that's the street I was aiming for). I walked for about 30 more minutes and reached my destination. This is Rob's business, so I was greeted by his co-worker Janet and shown around. Rob was out working and would be in shortly.

We may be attending a dinner at some friends here in a bit depending on how tired I'm feeling when Rob gets in. We'll have to see. The place is nice and Rob has made me feel right at home. I'll let you know how the night turns out....Stay tuned.

Day 21 total: 26.5
Jesse Walks America total: 390.0

3 comments:

Steven said...

those sculptures look pretty cool. you changing tubes or patching them up???? should of come over to the ramp and rode so you wouldnt get so many flats....lol. 400 miles tommorrow. congrats. you sticker up the sports bar ?? take care...

Anonymous said...

Awesome pics from today! The use of your Nalgene bottle is just genius. My boy's wicked smaht! xoxo

P.S. You're doing great! :)

MUM said...

Thanks John....from Jesse's family.