2 coasts ... 1 HOPE


On January 6th 2009, I will be flying out to LA and walking back to Boston, raising money for cancer research. The route I'm taking should take 5 months and cover roughly 3,800 miles. We will be filming the entire trip for an upcoming documentary.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

First morning in LA

I'm sitting in the lobby waiting to go sight seeing in LA , enjoying some oatmeal and coffee.


It's crazy to think that tomorrow this really starts. I will be taking the first step towards my 3,800 mile goal, LA to Boston. I've been telling people that it still hasn't really hit me that I'm WALKING back. Obviously, I've never flown somewhere to walk back , so this still feels like I'm on vacation. That will change tomorrow when I'm standing on the Santa Monica Pier with my Baby Jogger SWITCHBACK HYBRID , loaded with 5 months of stuff.

The planes fly right over the hotel, I mean right over. I just saw one through the window and I could see the people. Okay that's not true, but they are wicked close.

we've landed. 23 hours(roughly) till I walk.

2 comments:

Steven said...

got a patch kit for the jogger ????

patsfan67 said...

Jesse this is Chris from the Baysdie...Taraoke fame..lol. I wanted to say that I am proud to know someone who has undertaken a task as large and as important as this one. I wish you a safe and healthy trip. I can not wait to sing with you again in May 09. Take care, Chris Tripp