2 coasts ... 1 HOPE


On January 6th 2009, I will be flying out to LA and walking back to Boston, raising money for cancer research. The route I'm taking should take 5 months and cover roughly 3,800 miles. We will be filming the entire trip for an upcoming documentary.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Sneakers and a shower

Yesterday, the crew and I went to get them some sneakers for the walk. The poor guy at Dick's was running in and out of the back room grabbing shoes like crazy. I had that "first day of school" feeling. Everyone was a little excited because we're getting close to leaving. It took a while but the guys all settled on the exact same style of shoe, team unity or something. They went away from the conventional running shoe to some sort of Nike ACG hiking/walking shoe.



Also yesterday I did a phone-in interview with Pete Braley on WBSM. The craziest thing was I had forgot the time of the interview and had jumped in the shower. My phone rang twice before I realized that it was Pete. I quickly grabbed a towel and called back immediately and got on the air. Pete was great and it went well. He said he'll be checking in with me while I'm gone. Next time we talk I'll probably be wishing I was near a shower. Thanks again, Pete.

I'm sitting here, in the Green Bean, thinking how crazy this whole thing is. In 13 1/2 hours it will be 2009, were did 2008 go? Even weirder is that in 8 days I will start walking from the Santa Monica Pier. Man, I hope I'm ready. I feel ready........

6 days till we fly. 8 days till we launch

No comments: