2 coasts ... 1 HOPE


On January 6th 2009, I will be flying out to LA and walking back to Boston, raising money for cancer research. The route I'm taking should take 5 months and cover roughly 3,800 miles. We will be filming the entire trip for an upcoming documentary.

Friday, October 31, 2008

Good news, bad news (well changing news)

Ever have someone say to you, "I've got good news and bad news. Which do you want to hear first?" I always took the bad first so at least there is something to look forward to.

The bad news(the changing news) is Bruce is no longer accompanying me on this walk. He has family obligations that he must attend too. Although this drastically changes the landscape of the event it will still happen. I will go on with the walk as planned. I also 100% support Bruce in this decision. We've spoken and he knows where I stand and I understand where he's coming from. Bruce, you have my support and hurry home your wife and daughter miss you.

Good news. We received our SWITCHBACK HYBRID from BABY JOGGER yesterday. It is everything I expected it to be. Having the SWITCHBACK HYBRID is going to make this adventure easier on me. It will enable me to cover more ground everyday because I won't be carrying the weight on my back. Thanks again BABY JOGGER .

More good news. We have another sponsor, LIPPI SELK BAG . A sleeping bag with arms and legs, what else do you use on a walk across the country. The bags should be in early next week. Thanks guys these will be amazing and I can't wait.

And yet more good news. On Wednesday night I was invited to speak at a wellness clinic by Jim at Village Bicycle. It was incredible, all the speakers and attendees were great. Jim is the reason we have the SWITCHBACK HYBRID , he hooked me up with the connection. Also at the clinic I met Dr. Camilla Moore and Dr. Ellen A. McNally from Westport Chiropractic . These two and I are about to embark on a wild adventure: GETTING ME IN SHAPE FOR THE WALK. Boy, I don't know who has their work cut out for them. haha We'll see what these ladies can do and I'll keep you informed.

Everyone keeps asking for pictures and I promise they are on the way. Thanks for all your patience.

No comments: