2 coasts ... 1 HOPE


On January 6th 2009, I will be flying out to LA and walking back to Boston, raising money for cancer research. The route I'm taking should take 5 months and cover roughly 3,800 miles. We will be filming the entire trip for an upcoming documentary.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Life throws curve balls.

We are 83 days away from landing in Los Angeles and 85 days from starting the walk. The team has been hard at work putting together fund-raisers and such. I have been hitting the gym everyday and running like a mad man. This week my dad and I will be setting the route, at least the first month. Once we figure it out I hope to post it on here to give you all an idea of where we'll be.
Finding product sponsors has turned out to be more difficult then I had hoped it to be. In fact as of today we do not have one sponsor lined up. With the current state of the economy I probably should have seen this coming. Any way, if anyone reads this and can help us out, drop me a line at jesseandbrucewalkamerica@gmail.com . We still need sneakers, a jogger(to carry everything), and well anything you may be willing to give.
This walk has changed me already and I haven't taken the first step. I've realized a lot about myself and others over the last 4 months. The next 80+ days should prove interesting so stay tuned. I will have pictures posted soon so you all can put a face on the guys walking, I promise.

No comments: