2 coasts ... 1 HOPE


On January 6th 2009, I will be flying out to LA and walking back to Boston, raising money for cancer research. The route I'm taking should take 5 months and cover roughly 3,800 miles. We will be filming the entire trip for an upcoming documentary.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Walking on Sunshine

Woke up. Went for a run. Had some eggs. Reflected on the events of yesterday.
Tuesday, October 21st turned out to be a great day. Just 78 short days from flying out to LA, I did the same thing I do everyday, planned to take over the world (sorry a "Pinky and the Brain" flashback). No really the day was seeming normal until I got to work. For those who don't know, I work in downtown New Bedford at the GREEN BEAN, it's a coffee house/juice/smoothie place. Anyway, Eric and I are exchanging our version of witty banter and then my phone rings.

caller: hi is Jesse there?
me: this is Jesse
caller: Hi Jesse. This is Meredith with Baby Jogger . How are you today?
me: Oh hello Meredith. I'm fine and you?
Meredith: I was just calling to let you know that the company Baby Jogger would love to sponsor your event. And I just need to confirm and address to send your SWITCHBACK HYBRID trailer/jogger to.
me: Are you kidding? That's incredible. Thank you. (proceed to give address)
Meredith: If you have any questions feel free to call. Good luck. Talk to you soon.
me: Ok. And thank you again

That may not be exactly how it went but it's really close. Long story short, we have our first sponsor, Baby Jogger . welcome aboard and thank you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

GREAT...this was news all of us have been waiting for.
It's nice that finally others are jumping in on this dream of yours.
Baby Jogger, thanks so much, we all at JBWA are so very thankful.